How to Join DPR
It’s great that you’d like to join us. If you haven’t already tried us out please do so – you can join us on a Tuesday evening at 7.30pm to see if you would like to join- just fill out this brief form on the contact us page to let us know you’re coming.
Otherwise here’s the information about joining our club.
We are a club that embraces diversity and difference and is committed to providing opportunities that are safe, inclusive, accessible and equitable. We aim to be equally accessible to all members of society, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality or social/economic status.
The club takes seriously the protection of the data that we hold about you as a member. We will do everything possible to ensure that data is collected, stored, processed, maintained, cleansed and retained in accordance with current and future UK data protection legislation.
New members can apply for different categories of membership depending on their circumstances:
- Senior membership is for members who are over 18.
- Intermediate membership is for members aged 16 or 17 at the time of joining.
- Junior membership is for under 16s (‘Pre-juniors’ are aged under 6 but this category is only relevant to certain events)
- Social Membership is for non-runners, friends and family who still want to be kept up to date with club news and attend social events.
- A concessionary membership fee is available, if desired, for people out of work, in full time education, or in receipt of the state pension
- If you wish to be a concessionary member you may be asked to provide evidence of your status.
DPR is affiliated to England Athletics (EA). Your membership of DPR includes your individual membership of EA (£16.00 per year) and gives you a 10% discount in many running shops, and often a small reduction in race entry fees. There is more detail of the benefits of joining on the England Athletics website.
When you join the club your first payment also includes a one off joining fee of £20.00 to cover the cost of a club vest or T-shirt.
(Please note the junior membership fee does not include affiliation to EA or a club vest. (Available if requested)
The membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
The fees are adjusted each quarter for those who join after April
The membership fees from 1st July 2022 for the period to 31st March 2023 are as follows:
DPR membership: £23
EA registration: £16
One off payment for a club vest/joining fee: £20
Once you’ve read all that please fill out our membership form which you’ll find when you click the link below.
Membership Renewals 2022
- Senior (18+) £46
- Intermediate Renewal (16-17) £25
- Junior (7-15) & Pre-Junior (0-6) £5
- Social (18+) £5
- Senior (18+) Concession £29
- Senior (18+) Long Distance £25
- The ‘long distance’ concessionary rate is available to those who live more than 10 miles from the club